App Features Documentation
Last Revised: 10/19/2022
While we use our best efforts to keep this Documentation up to date, we may modify or update or delete Features from time to time without updating this Documentation, and we do not guarantee that all Features will be available or as described in this Documentation.
- General Description The App is intended to provide you a means to identify and review the processing of personal information by certain third parties and the ability to take certain actions with respect to that personal information. The App is meant for your personal use only. The App may also provide you other Features, including Third-Party Materials, and product or service offers that you may be interested in based on your personal information. These product or services offers may also be contextual, meaning that they are not based on information specific to you.
- Free Memberships. You may obtain a free App membership (a “Free Membership”) by creating an account in the App. Free Memberships will include the following features:
- 2.1. Identity fraud insurance with a limit of $25,000, which will be governed by the following Terms and Conditions: https://www.hogo.com/id-fraud-insurance/id-fraud-policy-25k/. The insurer is Voyager Indemnity Insurance Company, an Assurant company. Activation with the insurer is required within the App. Your benefit will not be deemed activated until you receive an email confirming activation details.
- 2.2. Privacy Master
- 2.3. Money Manager
- 2.4. myLona Offers
- 2.5. Rewards
- 2.6. Investigate possible scams
- Paid Memberships. You may upgrade your account to a “Paid Membership” by subscribing for a Paid Membership in the App. Paid Memberships will include the following features:
- 3.1. Identity fraud insurance with a limit of $1,000,000, which will be governed by the following Terms and Conditions: https://www.hogo.com/id-fraud-insurance/id-fraud-policy/. The insurer is Voyager Indemnity Insurance Company, an Assurant company. Activation with the insurer is required within the App. Your benefit will not be deemed activated until you receive an email confirming activation details.
- 3.2. Privacy Master (scan and resolve)
- 3.3. Money Manager
- 3.4. myLona Offers
- 3.5. Rewards
- 3.6. Report including 1-Bureau Credit Information & Score
- 3.7. ScoreTracker
- 3.8. ScoreBuilder®
- 3.9. ScoreBoost™
- 3.10. Action Buttons
- 3.11. Alerts
- 3.12. Investigate possible scams
- 3.13. Assitance resolving scam damage
- Features Descriptions.
- 4.1. Identity Fraud Insurance.
- 4.1.1. Fraud Insurance is underwritten and administered by Voyager Indemnity Company, an Assurant Specialty Property Company (Assurant) under a master group policy issued to ConsumerDirect, Inc. for the benefit of it and its users.
- 4.1.2. BASED ON YOUR MEMBERSHIP, FRAUD INSURANCE MAY NOT BE AUTOMATICALLY ACTIVATED WHEN YOU ENROLL. YOU MUST ACTIVATE YOUR FRAUD INSURANCE.
- 4.1.3. The complete policy is available in the Fraud Insurance section of your membership. Please review the policy for the conditions of and exclusions from coverage. Note that coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions, and New York and Texas may have certain restrictions or prohibitions.
- 4.1.4. Assurant administers all claims, and ConsumerDirect shall have NO responsibility with respect to ANY Fraud Insurance benefit.
- 4.1.5. The amount of your Fraud Insurance benefit, if any, will depend on whether you have a Free Membership or a Paid Membership (see Sections 2 and 3 above).
- 4.2. Privacy Master. This feature will scan and monitor for websites & data brokers who might be selling or misusing your personal information and will provide alerts when discovered. After receiving an alert, you will have the option to request the removal of your personal information. You will get periodic alerts with updates and results. Your results may take from 1 to 45 days depending upon the responsiveness of the website or data brokers compliance with your instructions. Results are not guaranteed and may vary. ConsumerDirect makes no representation or warranty with respect to the coverage of Privacy Master, which is not a comprehensive tool.
- 4.3. Money Manager. This tool allows you to link your online bank accounts, credit cards, loans, utilities and investment accounts and obtain information such as payment statements, payment due dates, and every day. You can use the action buttons in the App to dispute certain transactions.
- 4.4. myLona Offers: This tool allows you to apply for different financial products such as home loans, credit cards, personal loans, and auto loans. When clicking on the offers, you will be redirected to the offeror’s sites. We receive compensation when offer links are used. This compensation may impact how and where links appear in the App. We do not guarantee any presentment of advertisements or offers for any particular types of products or services or that the presentment of any advertisements or offers that we do provide will include all potential products or services for a particular category. We do not guarantee that you will meet the approval criteria for any particular advertisement or offer shown. Any decision to click through, review, apply for, or accept or reject a Third-Party Service Provider advertisement or offer shall be your choice alone, and we do not encourage, endorse, or make any recommendation with respect to any such advertisements or offers. We hereby disclaim any and all liability for or with respect to such advertisements or offers and the underlying products or services, including without limitation any claim that a product or service is unsuitable or fails to meet your needs.
- 4.5. Rewards. You may have the opportunity to earn rewards by collecting Hogo Coins ("Coins") when completing certain actions within the App. Coins are not money, do not have any value prior to redemption, cannot be redeemed for cash, and cannot be combined with any other offers. Your Coins and Rewards are personal and cannot be sold, transferred, assigned to, or shared with others. The use of the Coins is restricted and can only be redeem through the App for the rewards available at that moment in time. We have the right to suspend and/or terminate the Coin/Rewards program or your participation therein at any time and for any reason and without notice of any kind, including without limitation if we determine that you have violated the Agreement or used the Coins or Rewards in any fraudulent or unlawful manner.
- 4.6. HOGO Report including 1-Bureau Credit Information & Score This is a revolutionary new type of report incorporating certain credit information and is not to be confused with a traditional credit report. What makes it so different is the way information is shown to you and how you can interact with your creditors by using action buttons. It also has a zoom feature to see more credit details and even your daily transactions that ultimately comprise the information that is reported by your creditors to a credit reporting agency. During your Paid Membership, the Report will be updated on an approximately monthly basis.
- 4.7. ScoreTracker. ScoreTracker provides you with the below Scores, each of which has a number ranging from bad to excellent along with a letter grade and how you compare to others. All Scores are estimates and are for educational purposes only. They cannot be used to determine final credit.
- 4.7.1. Credit Score:This is your credit score and its number range is 300-bad to 850-excellent. This score is a general representation of your credit risk lenders use to grant credit.
- 4.7.2. Auto Score: This represents your possible risk to lenders if you purchase or lease a vehicle.
- 4.7.3. Insurance Score: This represents your possible risk to an insurance company if they are underwriting your insurance.
- 4.7.4. Hiring Risk Index: In many jurisdictions, employers are allowed to view your credit report (not your credit score), when determining hiring or promotion. This Hiring Risk Index can help you better understand how employers may interpret your credit report.
- 4.8. ScoreBuilder® is a 120 day program to better understand what is helping or hurting your credit score and view possible actions you can take on your own.
- 4.9. ScoreBoost™ is a simulator and educational tool that helps you understand how your credit score works, plan your future credit score, and know when it's best to apply for credit. By using ScoreBoost™ you can see how making payments can increase your credit score. You can also see how spending lowers your credit score.
ScoreBoost™ is a credit score simulator designed for educational purposes only. Results are not guaranteed and should not be relied upon. ScoreBoost™ is a simulator showing possible outcomes of your credit score based upon certain actions you may optionally take that affects the statement balance reported by your creditor or bank. This is not credit repair and not subject to regulation under any Federal or State Credit Repair Organization Act.
4.10. Action Buttons
- 4.10.1. You may use Action Buttons within the App to communicate directly with your creditors for any questions, problems, or requests you may have. It is very fast, you don't need account numbers, or have to worry about business hours. Best of all, you don't have to talk to anyone. Just push the button.
- 4.10.2. When a creditor replies to your Action Button request, they may reply through our system which will then generate an Alert to you. Or, the creditor may reply directly to your home address or other contact information on file with the creditor. A creditor's reply may vary depending on the general responsiveness of the creditor and your Action Button request. Please allow reasonable time for your creditor(s) to respond to your Action(s).
- 4.10.3. A creditor may reply with acceptance, denial, counter-offer or request for more information. In some cases, a creditor may not respond at all. In other cases, multiple Actions Button requests may be required to get the result you desire. Results or replies to your Action Button requests are not guaranteed. Delivery of your Action Button request to a creditor is not guaranteed. We do reserve the right to reject any of your Action Button requests for unnecessary repetition, frivolous requests, foul language, or for any other reason.
- 4.10.4. You have until midnight, Pacific Time, to cancel an Action Button request. If you do not cancel a request by them, our system will automatically fulfill your Action Button request.
- 4.11. Alerts
- 4.11.1. This monitors information that is posted to a credit reporting agency (specifically TransUnion) or financial accounts once you add them to Money Manager. Some monitoring Alerts you may get are more important and urgent than others. For these important Alerts we recommend you activate Alerts on your device. This will put an action button in your Alert to help you remove identity theft right from your phone without the need to log in to your account.
- 4.11.2. In addition, you will get various Alerts about your Membership, credit monitoring, identity theft alerts, creditor responses to your Action Button requests, and when payments are due on your Money Manager linked accounts.
- 4.11.3. Make sure you allow our Alerts to get to your email in-box by instructing your email that our Alerts are NOT spam.
- 4.11.4. DISCLAIMER: You are responsible for checking all of your information and accounts, and we will not be liable for any failure to send an Alert or any failure of you to timely read any Alert we send. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you are responsible for keeping track of all payment due dates and timely paying all of your accounts.
- 4.12. Investigate possible scams. This tool will allow you to submit emails, text messages, social media, voicemails, U.S. mail, fliers, and the like, to our Third-Party Service Provider, Iris (Generali), to verify if the content is associated with any scams. Iris (Generali) will use commercially reasonable efforts to review any submitted content and inform you if they are able to determine whether the content is associated with any known scams.
- 4.13. Resolve Scam Damage: This tool allows you and your Immediate Family Members to receive fraud/scam assistance from our Third-Party Service Provider, Iris (Generali). Such assistance includes investigating and confirming the extent of fraud, alerting creditors, banks, and legal authorities, and providing regular updates. Results are not guaranteed and may vary. “Immediate Family Member” means your spouse or domestic partner, parent, sibling, child and/or any other member of, or dependent persons residing in, your household.